Events in History for Friday April 29th 2016
- 1862 New Orleans falls to Union forces during US Civil War
- 1864 Battle of Gate Pa (Pukehinahina): 1,700 British troops suffer their worst defeat of the New Zealand Wars at the hands of 230 entrenched Maori warriors in Tauranga
- 1916 Irish republicans abandon the post office in Dublin and surrender unconditionally, marking the end of the Easter Rising
- 1945 US Army liberates 31,601 in Nazi concentration camp in Dachau, Germany
- 1975 Vietnam War: Operation Frequent Wind: The U.S. begins to evacuate US citizens from Saigon prior to an expected North Vietnamese takeover. U.S. involvement in the war comes to an end.
- 1990 Wrecking cranes began tearing down the Berlin Wall at the Brandenburg Gate
- 1997 The Chemical Weapons Convention of 1993 comes into force, outlaws production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons among its signatories.
Listen to the latest podcast content under ‘The Guy R Cook Report’ on the following links:
BLAB Profile Feed: https://blab.im/guyrcook
Podbean Feed: http://theguyrcookreport.podbean.com/feed/