- 1500 Pedro Alvarez Cabral discovers Brazil & claims it for Portugal
- 1903 Highlanders (Yankees) 1st game in New York at Hilltop Park vs Washington Senators, lose 3-1 before 11,950
- 1915 1st military use of poison gas (chlorine, by Germany) in WW I
- 1993 Holocaust Memorial Museum dedicated in Washington D.C.
- 1994 7,000 Tutsi’s slaughtered by Hutu in the stadium at Kibuye, Rwanda
- 2006 243 people are injured in pro-democracy protest in Nepal after Nepali security forces open fire on protesters against King Gyanendra.
Read more Events in History at: http://www.onthisday.com/today/events.php
Listen to the latest podcast content under ‘The Guy R Cook Report’ on the following links: